Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recycling and other odds and ends

So, I attained half my weekend goal.  I now have three recycling bins in Casa de Caila.  One from the city and two newly purchased blue beauties from Menards. 




Also purchased was a lovely can crusher that thanks to my brother is now handily mounted in the garage by the fridge.  For any of my friends out there reading this, I'm sure we could get a significant chunk of change back if we recycled all the cans from my yearly Cinco party and Griswold x-mas get together.  Making it happen this year.





Apparently, the city of Omaha does NOT pick up glass.  Ugh.  I gave up pop for Lent so my new habit in a glass bottle is Snapple.  I will need to make a trip periodically to drop that off.




 I updated the links to include the city of Omaha's website, wasteline.  Lots of great info on recycling and other things regarding waste/trash pick up.  You can also sign up for a monthly recycling newsletter. 

I also bought some reusable grocery bags.  I will take the remaining plastic ones back to the store to be recycled.  Plastic Fiji water bottles are now a no no as well.  In its place will be a lovely water bottle from home.



I've searched high and low for my pedometer and have had no luck.  I'm pretty sure I have in my house somewhere at least two if not three pedometers.  Nearly every pharmacy convention I've ever been to has handed out free ones.  The irony here will be thick if I can't locate any of them and I end up having to actually buy one.  Since I will be making an effort to walk and/or bike more I want to be able to track how far I'm walking. 

On that note, the spreadsheet is not complete. Started, but not complete.  I kept coming up with more variables and things I would need to keep track of.  So far I have vehicle 1, vehicle 2, bike, bus, and cab.  If I travel out of state by plane I will need to factor that in as well.  However, I'm going to worry about that if and when it should happen.  Really close to the final number for my carbon footprint. Hopefully, that will be up on Wed or Thurs. 

It's late and I'm exhausted.  Sorry if this entry is a bit jumbled.  Here's hoping tomorrow is a bit less of a scorcher in the heat index dept.



Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment