Monday, January 23, 2012

Live Healthy America

The 100 day challenge for Live Healthy America started today.  I started working out again over the weekend and currently every cell in my body is screaming in agony.  By every cell, I mean every single one.  My hair follicles on my head are sore, coughing and laughing hurt, and rolling over to shut the alarm clock off this morning was a challenge all it's own.  Day two soreness is always the worst, so I'm hoping the worst is behind me.  I've been reminding myself for the past 48 hours that I have no one but myself to blame for the pain. 

After I stopped playing ball in college I viewed exercise in an entirely different light.  It wasn't always a positive light.  No tall guy with a military buzz cut yelling at me to run translated into I'll do it when I feel like it.....which wasn't a lot.  I also need to be doing something while working out.  I get bored really easily.  Running bores me, playing racquetball...excitement!  So I need to channel my exercise into things I enjoy.  Two a days not so much, intra mural sports...yes please. 

The 100 day challenge has us checking in every week.  We track our weight loss and total minutes of activity each week.  The program is well structured which I love and we have a great scale at work to use which is convenient. There are competitions for best team name, most over all weight loss, most activity etc. About 20 or so peeps are participating at work so there is comfort in numbers.  I'll try update periodically.  I believe registration is open for a bit longer.  Its not too late to join the challenge.

Follow the link here for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment