Monday, August 15, 2011

James Bond and the Costa Rica shower connection!

For all my Costa Rica peeps, this article made me laugh, A LOT! I  For those of you who may not know, Sámara is probably best described as rustic.  We did without air conditioning and hot water (among other things) for the majority of our time there.  My first thought was this cold water business is really going to suck.  As it turns out, it was so damn hot the shower felt pretty fantastic!  Most of us were told by our host families to not run the water the entire time we were in the shower.  Not a problem when it is ice cold.  Get a shot of cold water, shut it off and lather up....turn it back on when you're ready to rinse.  I think I timed one of my showers at four minutes.  Four!  That included shaving my legs.  It is nothing short of a miracle if I'm out of the shower in ten under normal circumstances.  My main problem is I'm not a morning person.  I spend the first five to ten minutes in the shower sleeping while standing up. As Hall sans Oates sang, you're living in dreamtime baby it's time to wake up.....and show some hustle in the shower. I set an alarm to go off after ten minutes.  I know, that's kinda pathetic but I know my weaknesses well.

I came home thinking about all the water I waste while I'm sleeping in the shower so to speak.  Gonna try to find a low flow shower head and try that out as well. The low flow shower heads can restrict the water flow anywhere from 2.5 to 1.6 gallons per minute.  Seriously, stop and think about that statistic. Gallons of water a minute and now think about how long you're standing in there. The timer is still running during my shower, but I'm not running the water the entire time.  The shower is a hot one although I have turned the temperature down a bit.  I've also started rinsing my hair with cold water and going Bond style with cold water for the last minute or so.  Definitely awake after the shower.  I will cease the Bond shower if I happen to start sprouting chest hair due to increases in testosterone.  I have my limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment